3D Graphic Artist/Illustrator
Are you a 3D graphic artist able to bring a megacity alive onscreen? Interested in creating renderings of scientific advances that border on science fiction? Let’s talk.
Spire Communications, a full-service strategic communications firm headquartered in Alexandria, Va., seeks a full-time 3D graphic artist/illustrator to join our growing team. The candidate will work onsite at the Army Research Lab in Adelphi, MD to create high quality 3D renderings and animations of scientific research experiments, topics and facilities.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, demonstrate ingenuity in solving unique visual challenges, and create believable, lifelike computer-generated imagery.
Spire has a diverse client portfolio that includes technology companies, health care agencies, government contractors and various federal government agencies.
Typical 3D graphic artist/illustrator responsibilities will include:
- Actively participating in all areas of the creative process, serving as an innovative resource beginning with project conceptualization
- Performing tasks such as storyboarding, prototyping, rigging, modeling, lighting, surfacing, special effects, real-time rendering
- Creating complex 3D scenes/objects and backgrounds
- Generating original computer-based illustrations
- Performing image manipulation (Photoshop)
- Creating animated sequences of varied lengths
- Effectively communicating ideas, status and technical explanations
- Ensuring adherence to ARL brand and design/quality standards
- Generating vector logos and icons from flat images
- Supporting occasional digital and print design requests
Though not required, additional experience in the following areas would be weighed favorably:
- Ability to generate original renderings without the use of wireframes
- Logo design
Minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience required. Agency experience is a big plus. ALL RESUMES MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY PORTFOLIO WITH PHOTOREALISTIC PROJECT EXAMPLES.
Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be organized and adhere to fast-paced environment on tight deadlines
- Work independently to create quality work with minimal oversight
- Take unstructured concepts and develop them into a coherent, finished designs
- Demonstrate attention to detail when receiving direction and proofing work for client review
- Be organized and maintain all work on shared drives
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understand copyright regulations
- Maintain a positive and professional approach when working with team and clients
Design Software Requirements
- 3D Studio MAX
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding of ADA/508 Compliance
Spire’s client roster includes organizations large and small, largely focused on the intersection of technology, science and research.
Spire Communications offers a competitive salary, 401(k) including employer contributions, strong benefits and an appreciation for a quality of life balance.
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume for consideration to:
Spire Communications is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.