Website Designer and Developer
Spire Communications, a full-service strategic communications firm headquartered in Alexandria, Va., seeks a mid-level front-end developer capable of combining the art of design with the science of programming. You will work with our creative team and clients to translate static designs into engaging, usable, and responsive websites.
An ideal candidate will have either a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a comparable discipline with a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role. You will not only impress us with your understanding of SEO, modern design principles, accessibility, and coding standards, but you will also have great communication and project management skills.
Additional proficiency with creative tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Invision) and the ability to make design decisions and work independently are key for this role.
Spire has a diverse client portfolio that includes technology companies, healthcare agencies, government contractors, and various federal government agencies.
This position will provide remote support to our clients. The ideal candidate will reside in the DC/ MD/ VA area or North Carolina.
Candidates must submit a portfolio of corporate or government websites demonstrating development skill.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Write reusable code and libraries
- Enhance websites for maximum security, speed, and scalability
- Bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes to code
- Be organized and able work in a fast-paced environment on tight deadlines
- Work independently to create quality work with minimal oversight
- Provide guidance to clients and colleagues on best practices
- Demonstrate attention to detail when receiving direction and proofing work for client review
- Maintain a positive and professional approach when working with team and clients
- Three+ years of experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of SEO
- Understanding of 508 compliance
- Proficient in code visioning tools
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with WordPress and Drupal
- Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, and Salesforce experience a plus
- US Web Design Standards (USWDS) experience a plus
- Sharepoint experience a plus
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices a plus
Spire Communications offers a competitive salary, 401(k) including employer contributions, good benefits and an appreciation for a quality-of-life balance.
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spire Communications is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.