HYBRID Position - Bethesda, MD
Spire is a woman-owned strategic communications agency in Northern Virginia. We’re looking for a full-time, multi-faceted graphic/interactive designer to join our growing team. A minimum of 7 years’ experience is required (10+ preferred) to apply.
For this role, you will design everything from an infographic to sophisticated lobby displays for one of Spire’s federal health clients, ARPA-H, at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. The ideal candidate will be ready for anything, able to work independently and with a variety of stakeholders across ARPA-H. Experience in interactive design is highly desired along with the ability to occasionally supplement our multimedia designer.
This is a hybrid position, with regular travel to NIH headquarters in Bethesda required. All candidates must be based in the Washington D.C. area.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your design expertise to share and create best practices around the creative development process for client projects.
- Provide design concepts and solutions, and seamlessly coordinate assigned design projects, participating in the ideation, presentation, and quality execution of their assignments. Subject-matter accuracy is key here.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including SMEs, content developers, and social media strategists, to create cohesive designs and assets including:
- Web graphics and elements to support websites, HTML email, and social media
- PowerPoint template designs and formatting of slide layouts and graphics
- Brochures, pamphlets, and reports
- Technology and process diagrams
- Logos and icons
- Collateral templates (whitepapers, PowerPoint, press release, etc.) and populating the templates with content
- Formatting Word documents
- 508 Compliance
- Packaging and displays
- Exhibits and banner stands
- A minimum of seven years design experience required (10+ preferred) and proficiency in:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word)
- Though not required, additional experience in the following areas would be weighed favorably:
- Basic Web design experience
- Ability to edit video content
- The ability to work independently and create quality work with minimal oversight
- Organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on tight deadlines
- Medical (CareFirst BCBS) and Dental (United Healthcare) plans paid at 100%
- Monthly $50 “wellness” stipend for gym memberships, spa services, etc.
- Life and disability insurance (short and long-term)
- Generous PTO and federal holidays
- Flexible home/office environment
- Home office expense reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with automatic 3% of salary employer contribution
- Employee referral bonuses
- Annual stipend for employee and/or job-related training
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who do not have secret security clearance or who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered.
Spire Communications is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
All candidates will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.