HYBRID Position - Bethesda, MD
Spire Communications is a woman-owned, boutique public relations, marketing, and communications firm in Alexandria, VA. We are seeking a full-time, talented multimedia designer with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
For this role, you will create polished, informative, and compelling video content, produce podcasts as well as work on a variety of projects for one of Spire’s federal health clients, ARPA-H, at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a versatile professional to support an organization working toward revolutionizing biomedical research and health innovation.
This is a hybrid position, with regular travel to NIH headquarters in Bethesda required. All candidates must be based in the Washington D.C. area.
- Create videos: Capture footage, create animations, storyboard, render
- Combine and edit video footage to tell polished, informative stories about ARPA-H
- Incorporate music, dialogue, graphics, and special effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders throughout the production process
- Produce podcasts: Capture audio and edit assets to tell compelling stories
- Provide graphic design and motion graphics for website content, social media, and media relations
- Self-manage projects with little oversight and direction
What You’ll Bring to Spire:
- Proven 7+ years’ experience in video editing, with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (preferred experience includes previous work with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, PreSonus StudioLive, and the Sony Sound Forge Pro software)
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- The ability to communicate complex subject matter in clear, compelling ways
- Medical (CareFirst BCBS) and Dental (United Healthcare) plans paid at 100%
- Monthly $50 “wellness” stipend for gym memberships, spa services, etc.
- Life and disability insurance (short and long-term)
- Generous PTO and federal holidays
- Flexible home/office environment
- Home office expense reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with automatic 3% of salary employer contribution
- Employee referral bonuses
- Annual stipend for employee and/or job-related training
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who do not have secret security clearance or who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered.
Spire Communications is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
All candidates will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.