REMOTE Position - ADELPHI, MD
Are you a graphic artist who creates digital and printed materials demonstrating scientific advances that border on science fiction? Can you wireframe custom conceptualized objects and bring them alive onscreen? Let’s talk.
Spire Communications, a full-service strategic communications firm headquartered in Alexandria, Va., seeks a full-time graphic artist with 3D illustration and animation skills to join our growing team. Typical tasks will included creating logos, signs, animated videos, and high quality 3D renderings of scientific research experiments, topics and facilities.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, demonstrate ingenuity in solving unique visual challenges, and create believable, lifelike computer-generated imagery.
Spire has a diverse client portfolio that includes technology companies, health care agencies, government contractors and various federal government agencies.
The candidate will work remotely and should be available to visit the Army Research Lab in Adelphi, MD upon request.
What You’ll Do
- Actively participate in all areas of the creative process, serving as an innovative resource beginning with project conceptualization
- Support digital and print design requests
- Create vector logos and icons
- Perform tasks such as storyboarding, prototyping, rigging, modeling, lighting, surfacing, special effects, real-time rendering
- Generate original renderings without the use of wireframes
- Create complex 3D scenes/objects and backgrounds
- Generate original computer-based illustrations
- Perform image manipulation (Photoshop)
- Create animated sequences of varied lengths
- Effectively communicate ideas, status and technical explanations
- Ensure adherence to ARL brand and design/quality standards
What You’ll Bring to Spire:
- Proven 7+ years’ experience in video editing, with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages including Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Studio Max
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- The ability to communicate complex subject matter in clear, compelling ways
- Organized and ability to adhere to fast-paced environment on tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Demonstrate attention to detail when receiving direction and proofing work for client review
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of copyright regulations
- A positive and professional approach when working with team and clients
- Medical (CareFirst BCBS) and Dental (United Healthcare) plans paid at 100%
- Monthly $50 “wellness” stipend for gym memberships, spa services, etc.
- Life and disability insurance (short and long-term)
- Generous PTO and federal holidays
- Flexible home/office environment
- Home office expense reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with automatic 3% of salary employer contribution
- Employee referral bonuses
- Annual stipend for employee and/or job-related training
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration to: email@example.com
Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance and should currently reside in the Adelphi / DC metro area.
Spire Communications is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
All candidates will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.