Health Research Media Relations Director (3 Open Positions)
Spire Communications is a woman-owned, boutique public relations, marketing, and communications firm in Alexandria, VA. We are seeking a full-time, highly skilled senior communications professional specializing in media relations with an aptitude in biomedical and health research to join our team.
For this role, you will manage public affairs and media relations for one of Spire’s federal health clients, ARPA-H, at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a communications leader to support an organization working toward revolutionizing biomedical research and health innovation.
This is a hybrid position, working partially onsite and partially remote, but all candidates must be based in the Washington D.C. area.
What You’ll Do
- Lead proactive and reactive media relations strategies
- Work closely with local, national, and global news media
- Write, edit, and share stories to engage key audiences
- Manage significant stakeholder engagement efforts
- Write content for social media and web
- Create messaging and positioning
What You’ll Bring to Spire
- 10+ years of communications experience
- Background in biomedical technology, health sciences, or healthcare communications
- Ability to manage large accounts independently with minimal supervision
- Foundational knowledge with social media for LinkedIn and Twitter
- Expertise in media relations, crisis communications, and positioning
What We Offer
- Medical (CareFirst BCBS) and dental (United Healthcare) plans paid at 100%
- Monthly $50 “wellness” stipend for gym memberships, spa services, etc.
- Life and disability insurance (short and long-term)
- Generous PTO and federal holidays
- Flexible home/office environment
- Home office expense reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with automatic 3% of salary employer contribution
- Employee referral bonuses
- Annual stipend for employee and/or job-related training
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume for consideration to: email@example.com
Spire Communications is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
All candidates will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.