Social Media Specialist
Spire Communications, a strategic communications agency based in Alexandria, Virginia, is looking for a full-time, creative, and versatile social media strategist to join our growing team in Washington State. Our perfect candidate will be able to enhance our clients’ brands and engage with various audiences through social media platforms.
This position will work primarily from home with regular visits to Joint Base Lewis-McChord west of Tacoma, WA.
Spire has a diverse client portfolio that includes technology companies, health care agencies, government contractors and various federal government agencies.
Typical social media responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and business leaders to plan, develop, and execute social media campaigns and content.
- Identify, source, and develop content for publishing on digital platforms.
- Provide guidance to help increase engagement and expand outreach efforts.
- Brief various parties about the power of social media and how to effectively use channels to meet business objectives.
- Apply performance measures and insights, market research, and industry data to inform and validate recommendations.
- Support community promotion and engagement strategies and help employees build their professional online presence.
- Support program analytics, digital listening, and reporting to drive decision-making and demonstrate ROI.
- Monitor discussions, postings, and trends within the engagement and advocacy community.
Though not required, additional experience in the following areas would be weighed favorably:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) techniques
- Consulting, professional services firm or agency environment
- B2B or B2G marketing environments
- Social media or digital marketing certifications
- Minimum of 5 years managing social media channels required. Agency experience is a big plus.
- BA or BS degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Collaborative planning and content development to drive engagement on social media channels
- Crafting appropriate content and guiding creative for different audiences and different digital channels
- Using social media management tools to manage and measure social media activities
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, including global social media platforms, cross-platform content strategies, paid social, content marketing, audience experience and engagement, and measurement for a brand
The ideal candidate will:
- Be organized and able work in a fast-paced environment on tight deadlines
- Work independently to create quality work with minimal oversight
- Demonstrate attention to detail when receiving direction and proofing work for client review
- Be proactive in meeting billable hours
- Maintain a positive and professional approach when working with team and clients
Spire Communications offers a competitive salary, 401(k) including employer contributions, good benefits and an appreciation for a quality of life balance.
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume for consideration to: email@example.com
Spire Communications is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.