Website Designer with Development Skills
Spire is a woman-owned strategic communications agency in Northern Virginia. We’re looking for a full-time, creative, and versatile web designer with development skills to join our growing team.
In this role, you’ll support a diverse client portfolio that includes federal agencies, technology companies, healthcare organizations, and government contractors. What does that mean for you? You’ll get to show off and use your design skills across a wide spectrum of industries and build your portfolio!
An ideal candidate will have either a bachelor’s degree in design or computer science (or a comparable discipline) with a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role. You will not only impress us with your understanding of UI/UX design principles and coding standards, but you will also have great communication and project management skills.
Additional proficiency with creative tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Invision) and the ability to make design decisions and work independently are key for this role.
Spire has a diverse client portfolio that includes technology companies, healthcare agencies, government contractors, and various federal government agencies.
LOCATION…This position will be remote with occasional onsite meetings within the DC area. Candidates are required to reside in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, or Washington, DC. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Candidates must submit a portfolio of corporate or government websites demonstrating development skill.
- Design UI/UX for websites and applications
- Translate web mockups into developed WordPress websites
- Maintain plugins and WordPress websites
- Redesign, develop and maintain spirecomm.com
- Develop new user-facing features
- Enhance websites for maximum security, speed, and scalability
- Bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
- Be organized and able work in a fast-paced environment on tight deadlines
- Work independently to create quality work with minimal oversight
- Provide guidance to clients and colleagues on best practices
- Create web banners, web ads, and icons
- Demonstrate attention to detail when receiving direction and proofing work for client review
- Maintain a positive and professional approach when working with team and clients
- Three+ years of experience in a similar role
- Understanding of design principles
- Understanding of CSS
- Understanding of SEO
- Understanding of 508 compliance
- Proficient in code visioning tools
- Ability to animate SVGs a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with WordPress and Drupal
- Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, and Salesforce experience a plus
- US Web Design Standards (USWDS) experience a plus
- Sharepoint experience a plus
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices a plus
If you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume for consideration to: email@example.com
Applicants who do not have a portfolio will not be considered.
Spire Communications is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
All candidates will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.